The CompTIA ITF+ is the very first designation offered by this vendor to check one’s skills and desire to enter the IT field. It is the only pre-career certification that is suitable for students or individuals who are going to test the waters of IT and make a decision, whether to continue the path or not. This designation can be gained by passing one certification exam FC0-U61.
Knowing more about the ITF+ certification, being a pre-career designation is the best variant for those candidates, who are going to change their professional career but have no technical skills, as well as for those candidates who plan to obtain the A+ certification afterwards.
Exam FC0-U61 checks your fundamental knowledge and skills that refer to the basics of computing, software development, IT infrastructure, and database usage. To be precise, 6 skills are tested in the certification exam:
- your ability to implement IT concepts and terminology: Your understanding of notional systems, fundamentals of computing, troubleshooting, and the value of data will be checked.
- infrastructure: Your knowledge of how to protect a basic wireless network or launch peripheral devices to a laptop or PC will be assessed.
- apps and software: Your ability to operate apps software, understanding of various elements of an operating system, describe the aims that refer to the methods of an app architecture will be evaluated.
- software development: In this part, you should deal with logic interpretation, programming language categories, as well as programming concepts and how they should be applied.
- database fundamentals: Here you should be ready to use database concepts and structures, as well as implement methods used to interface.
- security: Here you should demonstrate your understanding of how devices should be secured and the knowledge of the effective practice methods.
Regarding the exam details, it includes 75 questions of the multiple choice type which are to be cracked within 1 hour. Achieving 650 points on a scale of 900 determines your success in the CompTIA ITF+ exam. The test will cost you $126 and can be scheduled at the Pearson VUE testing center. Your success will be more likely if you are knowledgeable of how to install the hardware, how to provide basic network connectivity, hinder initial security risks, and how to implement preventative maintenance of devices.
Currently, more and more people are thinking of working from home or in remote locations worldwide, and if the sphere of your interest refers to the IT world, the ITF+ certification is the best option for that. Thus, the ideal candidates are students, professionals from other working fields, and specialists of the marketing or sales departments in IT-based organizations.
What else you need to know about this certification, is that it it’s good for life. And that before enrolling in the certification process, you should develop the required knowledge and skills by taking virtual labs, instructor-led training, and study guides. Or you can opt for the CertMaster Learn platform that offers the material which covers all exam objectives, lessons, performance-based questions, along with practice questions, and the final exam to check the gained knowledge.
Having the ITF+ certification, you can earn annually about $51,826, according to the Ziprecruiter website. And with this CompTIA designation, you will have a good knowledge base to continue your path by opting for the A+ certification.