Google is a multinational technology company known for its wide range of services and products related to the Internet, such as a search engine, hardware and software, cloud computing, and online advertising technologies. It was founded in September, 1998 by Sergey Brin and Larry Page, and though in 2015 it was reorganized in a subsidiary of Alphabet Inc., it is still the member of the Big Five American information tech companies along with Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, and Meta. In addition, the fact that its brand ranked second by Forbs testifies its popularity worldwide. Currently, the company’s main office is located in California, the U.S.
The product number one known worldwide is the Googles search engine – Google Search. It also offers services for work and productivity, such as Google Sheets, Docs, and Slides. Among the main products and services that should be mentioned are the following ones: Google Calendar (for time management & scheduling), Gmail (email), Google Drive (cloud storage), Google Translate (for language translation), Google Earth, Street View, Google Maps, Waze (navigation & mapping), YouTube (video sharing).
The products offered by Google to its users can be divided into three groups. The first one is for all, and includes: Android OS, Calendar, Chrome, Drive, Gmail, Google Duo, Google Chat, Google Flights, Google Photos, Google Fit, Google Play, Google Meet, Google Groups, Google Pay, YouTube, among many.
The second group is for business: Analytics, Blogger, Business Profile, Google Ads, Chrome Enterprise, Google Maps Platform, Google Web Designer, Tag Manager, Google Workspace, to name a few.
The third group is designed for developers: Google Cloud, Google Ads, Search, TensorFlow, Firebase, YouTube, to mention a few.
Google is known to be a popular IT vendor, so it equips candidates with the most updated skills to support the developed products and services, and create new ones. If you know in which sphere you would like to be certified, then the vendor offers different professional paths that you can follow:
- Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate: helps you to gain skills and find an entry-level job as a data analyst. You will be skilled in data analysis, SQL, metadata, data collection, data ethics, problem-solving, decision-making, DataViz, and data cleansing. The average salary that can be gained on this position is about $67,900 per year.
- Google Project Manager Professional Certificate: prepares you for the entry-level job in the project management field. This means, that you will be able to participate in an entry-level project management role, create project documentation throughout the whole process of the project, implement the basics of Agile project management, problem-solving management, and strategic communication. Having this designation, you can earn about $59,000 per annum.
- Google UX Design Professional Certificate: testifies that you are capable of getting a position as a UX designer and demonstrating the skills in UX Research, Adobe XD, User Experience Design, Figma. Wireframe. Prototype, and Usability Testing.
- Google IT Support Professional Certificate: proves that you possess the necessary skills to apply for a position as an IT support specialist. To be more exact, you will be competent in providing end-to-end customer support, carrying out day-to-day IT support tasks, and utilizing use systems (Linux, Binary Code, Domain Name Systems). The salary you can gain with this designation is about $50,800 per year. Besides, this Google certification prepares you for the CompTIA A+ certification exams, after which you can obtain the dual certification – IT Support Professional Certificate and CompTIA A+.
- Google IT Automation Professional Certificate: validates your skills in automation and Python. This accreditation can be obtained after the completion of the Google IT Support Professional Certificate. This credential verifies your skills in automating tasks, operating IT resources at scale, implementing GitHub and Git, analyzing real-world IT problems.
- Also, Google offers Cloud certifications that prove your skills in transforming business with Google Cloud technology. These designations fall into three levels:
- Foundational: testifies your knowledge of cloud concepts, as well as Google products, services, tools, features, and your familiarity with Google Cloud. Here you can gain the certification of Cloud Digital Leader.
- Associate: validates your basic skills to deploy, maintain, and monitor projects on Google Cloud. Here, you can obtain the Cloud Engineer designation which can serve you as a springboard to more advanced professional accreditations. Before enrolling in the process of getting this certification, check if you possess at least 6-month experience of building in Google Cloud.
- Professional: designations require from you to have at least 3 years of experience in working in this industry. The certifications you can opt for include Cloud Architect, Data Engineer, Cloud Developer, Cloud DevOps Engineer, Cloud Network Engineer, Cloud Security Engineer, Collaboration Engineer, and Machine Learning Engineer.
- Looker accreditation proves that you are qualified enough for a position as a Looker LookML Developer. Before obtaining this designation you should have at least 6 months of experience working in Looker.