Microsoft Corporation is the worldwide leader in personal-computer software systems, consumer electronics, and related services. It is also noted for its activities in the development and sale of computer peripherals, electronic game systems, e-mail services, and its own line of hybrid tablet computers. As a result, Microsoft products are sold in 80 countries with the help of more than 189,000 employees, and the company is headquartered in Redmond, USA.
Microsoft currently works in the following business areas:
- The Performance and Business Process segment covers products, as well as the company's communications, information, and production services for various platforms and devices.
- The Intelligent Cloud segment includes products to serve hybrid, private, and public clouds, as well as various cloud services.
- The Personal Computers segment focuses on services and products that meet the needs of end-users, IT professionals, and developers on all devices.
Microsoft also offers operating systems (MS-DOS, Microsoft Windows), cross-device productivity applications; business solution applications, server applications (Microsoft Azure, Windows Admin Center), desktop and server management tools, video games (Xbox Game Studios, Bethesda Softworks), software development tools (Azure DevOps, Visual Studio, GitHub), as well as numerous intelligent devices and accessories.
Given the variety of Microsoft products on the digital market, it is not surprising that this vendor pays special attention to its extended professional qualification program. At the moment, all Microsoft certifications are divided into 5 key technology areas, each with three types of designations:
- Fundamentals certificates provide a starting point for newcomers to IT and involve basic competencies.
- Specialty certificates allow more in-depth study of industry solutions and more specific technical skills.
- Role-based certifications cover specific competencies needed for specific roles including functional consultant, DevOps engineer, data scientist, security engineer, developer, solution architect, and administrator. In addition, depending on your experience, this program offers intermediate-level certifications, which require only one or two exams, and expert-level certifications, which include not only a formal test but also other certificates.
According to the products issued, Microsoft offers the following certifications:
Azure, for instance, the Microsoft Certified: Azure AI Fundamentals, Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate, Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Microsoft Certified: Azure Virtual Desktop Specialty.
Microsoft 365, for instance, Microsoft 365 Certified: Messaging Administrator Associate, Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert, Microsoft 365 Certified: Teams Support Engineer Specialty, and Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals accreditations.
Dynamics 365, for instance, Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365 Sales Functional Consultant Associate, Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Solution Architect Expert, Microsoft Certified: Customer Data Platform Specialty, and Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365 Fundamentals (CRM) accreditations.
Power Platform, for instance, Microsoft Certified: Power Platform App Maker Associate, Microsoft Certified: Power Platform Solution Architect Expert, and Microsoft Certified: Power Platform Fundamentals accreditations.
Teams: Microsoft 365: Teams Voice Engineer Expert, Microsoft 365: Teams Administrator Associate, Microsoft 365 Certified: Teams Support Engineer Specialty.
Endpoint Manager: Microsoft Certified: Azure Virtual Desktop Specialty and Microsoft Certified: Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals.
Among the rest products developed by Microsoft, it should be mentioned the following ones: Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, Microsoft Graph, Office, and Windows. You also can find a suitable certification in each category.