Cisco Systems, Inc., or simply Cisco is the largest IT company engaged in networking equipment for telecommunications, organizations, and large enterprises. In addition, Cisco also develops and sells high-tech products, services, networking, cloud, and security solutions worldwide.
This company was founded in 1984 and originally specialized in corporate routers. Now Cisco is a global leader in technologies that power the Internet. In addition, this multinational company is headquartered in San Jose, California, and has about 400 offices around the globe. And despite its huge workforce, Cisco has been ranked #1 in the World's Best Workplaces 2 years in a row.
The main task of Cisco is to shape the future of the Internet, including the transformation of network infrastructure, expansion of analytics and cloud capabilities, as well as meeting customer security needs. Therefore, Cisco's key technical areas of focus at the moment are:
- Secure, Agile Networks – creating effective network solutions with built-in security, simplicity, automation, and flexibility.
- Hybrid Work – providing a secure workplace, highly secure access, and collaborative capabilities.
- Optimized Application Experiences – providing greater flexibility, scalability, and speed to cloud-based native applications.
- End-to-End Security – creating simple, high-performance, and integrated security solutions in the cloud or on-premises.
- Internet for the Future – meeting the ever-increasing demand for high speeds and low latency.
- Capabilities at the Edge – new capabilities through improved developer experience and enhanced carrier and enterprise networks.
Given the constant evolution of networking technology and the high demand for knowledgeable and trained networking specialists, Cisco has developed a highly sought-after professional certification program. This way, the candidate, whether he is already employed in the networking field, or is about to build a career in this industry, can always find a suitable accreditation path. This is due to the multiple levels and clarity of this program, which covers such technical areas as Enterprise, DevNet, Data Center, Collaboration, CyberOps, Security, Service Provider, and Design.
As for levels, then Cisco offers five of them, depending on the competence and experience of the candidate:
- At the Entry level there are the CCT Collaboration, CCT Data Center, and CCT Routing & Switching designations that cover the basic knowledge and skills needed to start a successful networking career.
- At the Associate level, you can choose the most sought-after CCNA designation, the CyberOps Associate, DevNet Associate, which are focused on the core networking competencies and the most current technologies.
- At the Professional level, you will have a variety of options such as CCNP Enterprise, CCNP Service Provider, Devnet Professional, CCNP Security to mention a few, depending on the technical area you choose as well as more specific expertise.
- At the Expert level, through designations such as DevNet Expert, CCIE Security, CCDE, CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure/Wireless amongst others, you can establish yourself as a true network expert with the most up-to-date knowledge and advanced skills. All of this you will be able to prove not only on the written test but also in practice, in the lab exam.
- At the Specialist level, motivated professionals can advance their knowledge in areas such as Collaboration, Meraki Solutions, Customer Success, and Data Center.
At the same time, whichever certification track you choose, the opportunity for formal training designed by Cisco experts awaits you to develop and validate your capabilities.