Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. or simply Check Point is an American-Israeli IT company that develops combined software and hardware products for network security, cloud security, mobile security, endpoint security, and security management in general.
Established in 1993 in Israel, this company is now a trusted provider of various cybersecurity solutions for both government agencies and private companies wishing to secure their systems against a variety of attacks, ransomware, viruses, and malware. Check Point currently has more than 5,400 employees and 75 locations around the globe working to secure millions of users and 100,000 businesses.
Currently, the Check Point portfolio of solutions and products is divided into the following major groups:
- Infinity-Vision. A platform for unified security management and attack prevention across applications, mobile devices, cloud environments, and networks.
- Harmony. A set of services and products to protect remote users and devices, as well as protect corporate data from various cyber-attacks.
- CloudGuard. A unified security platform for cloud environments to prevent threats of varying complexity and control workloads.
- Quantum. A product that provides ultra-large-scale protection against the latest generation of cyber-attacks on the data center, cloud, network, remote users, and IoT.
Today, many specialists seek Check Point certification because it is not only an official confirmation of their skills with some of the most in-demand cybersecurity products but also an opportunity to gain expert access to expanded product portfolio documentation and confident sales and support skills.
Therefore, all interested candidates can begin their journey through the Check Point accreditation program with quite a clear structure. Designations are waiting for you, broken down into two categories:
Core certification options. This includes two qualification tracks, each of which involves appropriate training and exam.
- (CCSA) Check Point Certified Security Administrator is a qualification that confirms basic knowledge of key concepts and skills to operate and configure Check Point Security Gateways and Management Software Blades.
- (CCSE) Check Point Certified Security Expert - qualification proves candidate’s abilities to have a deep understanding of Check Point technology, as well as a set of skills used in design, protection, maintenance, and optimization of networks from aggressive attacks.
Security Master Certification options. This pathway involves the two active basic qualifications described above, as well as a number of Infinity Specialist Accreditations to help you achieve mastery in quality:
- (CCSM) Check Point Certified Security Master is a qualification that covers technical proficiency with the Check Point Infinity architecture, including advanced knowledge of the configuration, management, deployment, and troubleshooting processes of Check Point products and services. Therefore, in addition to obtaining the CCSE certification, you must complete any 2 of the Infinity Specialist Accreditations offered by the vendor in order to prove expertise in specific security solutions.
- (CCSM Elite) Check Point Certified Security Master Elite is the highest level qualification that allows the certificate holder to become part of the Check Point elite club of security masters. Security professionals that have the valid CCSM designation should earn 2 more Infinity accreditations of the specialist level, to automatically obtain the CCSM Elite certificate.