Fortinet is an American multinational corporation was founded in 2000 by brothers Michael Xie and Ken Xie. The company headquarters in California and specializes in selling cybersecurity solutions, such as antivirus software, physical firewall, endpoint security elements, and intrusion prevention systems.
The first product of the company was FortiGate (a physical firewall), then antivirus and anti-spam software was added. Within a while, Fortinet expanded the usage of FortiGate and gained a virtual appliance by its implementation on the VMware vSphere virtualization platform. Next, having combined firewalls, anti-virus, and anti-spam software into one product, the company created the line of SIEM products.
Along with endpoints and firewalls, the vendor began to release access points, switches, sandboxes, analyzers, and cloud capabilities to the Security Fabric. Issuing the software-defined wide-area network architecture simply known as SD-SWAN in 2018 increased the popularity of the company. Among the recent products released by Fortinet recently, FortiAI, which defines and tracks threats with the help of artificial intelligence, and multi-cloud SD-WAN should be mentioned. Still, the main product used by customers worldwide is the FortiGate line of firewalls.
For all candidates who want to gain their skills in network security, the vendor offers the thoroughly developed Fortinet NSE Certification program. It includes a number of different courses that are instructor-led and self-paced, and various practical tasks to master the knowledge of network security concepts. The program falls into 4 levels, which are the following ones:
- NSE 1: is an entry-level certification, which helps you to test the waters of cyberthreats and become familiar with how the information can be secured.
- NSE 2: this designation tests your knowledge of the types of security products designed for organizations to solve the security issues that they face.
- NSE 3: this accreditation testifies that you are knowledgeable of the core Fortinet products, and are able to explain which issues they can solve.
2. Technical Certifications:
- NSE 4: validates your proficiency in providing corporate network security policies through your ability to deal with the daily monitoring, configuration and managing a FortiGate device.
- NSE 5: proves your expertise in providing network security management and analytics utilizing Fortinet security devices.
- NSE 6: testifies that you are skilled at dealing with fabric products beyond the firewall. This designation can be taken after you gain at least 4 certifications of the specialist level that refer to Fortinet enhanced products. In addition, this accreditation is the best choice for those, who deal with operating and managing certain Fortinet security products.
3. Cybersecurity Advanced:
NSE 7: verifies your advanced skills in administering, developing, and troubleshooting Fortinet security solutions. To obtain this accreditation, you should be a network or security professional, work in advanced administration or deal with security infrastructure, and be able to implement Fortinet solutions.
4. Cybersecurity Expert
NSE 8: is the highest designation you can achieve in the Fortinet NSE 8 certification program. It affirms that you are a real expert in network security configuration and design, and are able to troubleshoot complex networks.
Thinking of the career you can build after getting the cybersecurity certifications, they are the following ones: technical support engineers ($84,822 per year), system engineers ($93, 858), network security administrators ($123,163).
If you are the owner of the cybersecurity advanced designation, you can apply for the positions of IT security architects ($163,734), network security admins ($150,942).
Speaking of the cybersecurity expert certification, it can help you become network security and cybersecurity professionals (as high as $171,500).