MCSE Private Cloud: Roadmap to an effective preparation
Certification: Microsoft MCSE - Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
MCSE: Private Cloud certification exam is worldwide accredited as a standardized test for the IT professionals. This test certifies the IT professionals who can prove their abilities in designing, deploying, and maintaining the private cloud technology in the enterprise environment.
Essential Exams to get MCSE Private Cloud certification
To achieve the MCSE: Private Cloud certification the candidates need to take effective preparations for five individual exams. The exams are:
- Exam no. 70-410. Exam Title: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012;
- Exam no. 70-411. Exam Title: Administering Windows Server 2012;
- Exam no. 70-412. Exam Title: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services;
- Exam no.70-246. Exam Title: Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud;
- Exam no.70-247. Exam Title: Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud.
The question format and essential topics to pass the exams
To take a balanced preparation the candidates need to consider the frequency of questions that are usually drawn under each content area.
- In the Exam 70-410, about 15 to 20% questions are covered from the chapter ‘Install and configure servers’. Under this area the important topics include: servers for remote management, installation of servers, Configuration of local storage, Configuration of servers, etc. About 15–20% questions are drawn from the chapter ‘Configure server roles and features’. The important issues include: Configuration of file & share access; Configuration of print & documentation services, etc. ‘Create and manage Group Policy’ chapter covers 15–20%. About 15–20% questions from ‘Configure Hyper-V’ and the key topics under this chapter include: development & configuration the settings of virtual machine, virtual storage machine, virtual networks; DHCP service; IPv4 & IPv6 addressing, etc. From the ‘Deploy and configure core network services’ chapter about 15–20% questions will be drawn; ‘Install & administer Active Directory’ chapter covers 15–20%.
- In the Exam 70-411, to take an effective preparation the candidates should focus on each content area. The main topics include: Configuration of DNS zones; Advanced-level audit policies; Deployment & management of server images; Direct Access; Monitoring servers; VPN & routing; Configuration of FSRM, file & disk encryption; DNS records; Implementation of patch management; etc. From the chapter ‘Deployment, management, and maintenance of servers’ about 15 to 20% questions are drawn; ‘Configure File & Print Services’ about 15–20% questions are drawn; ‘Configure network services & access’ chapter covers about 15–20%; ‘Configure a Network Policy Server (NPS) infrastructure’ chapter covers about 10–15%; ‘Configure and manage Active Directory’ chapter covers about 15–20%; ‘Configure and manage Group Policy’ chapter covers about 15–20%.
- In the Exam 70-412, the key topics include: Management of VM movement; Configuration of the NLB; Management of the unsuccessful clustering roles; Configuration & optimization storage; Failover clustering; Configuration of the advanced-level file services; Configuration of the role-specific backups; Implementation of the DAC; Configuration Windows Server backups; Configuration of the Microsoft Azure backups; Management VSS settings using VSS Admin; etc. About 15 to 20% questions will be drawn from the ‘Configure and manage high availability’ content area; ‘Configure file and storage solutions’ chapter covers 15–20%; about 15 to 20% questions will be drawn from the ‘Implement business continuity and disaster recovery’ chapter; ‘Configure Network Services’ chapter covers about 15–20%; ‘Configure the Active Directory infrastructure’ chapter covers about 15–20%; about 15 to 20% questions will be drawn from the ‘Configure Identity and Access Solutions’ chapter.
- In the Exam 70-246, the important topics include: Implementation workflows; Deployment of end-to-end monitoring; Creation of monitoring reports & dashboards; Monitoring network devices; Monitoring the virtualization layer; Manager alerts; Analyzing the network device; Management of notifications; Monitoring application health; Health management Operations system; Monitoring servers; Implementation of the service level management; Configuration of end-to-end monitoring; Management of problems & incidents; Management of cloud resources; Management of compliance and configuration; Management of updates; Implementation of backup and recovery; Implementation service offerings; etc. ‘Configure data center process automation’ chapter covers about 15 to 20% questions; ‘Deploy resource monitoring’ chapter covers about 20–25%; ‘Monitor resources’ chapter covers about 20–25%; ‘Configure and maintain service management’ chapter covers about 15–20%; ‘Manage configuration and protection’ chapter covers about 20–25%.
- In the Exam 70-247, the most important topics include: Configuration of the network fabric; Configuration of System Center components; Designing scalable architecture of System Center; Up gradation of System Center components; Configuration of portals and dashboards; Installation of the System Center Infrastructure; Configuration of the storage fabric; Configuration & management of the deployment; Configuration of profiles; Configuration of clouds & virtualization hosts; Update servers; Creation & configuration of the server App-V packages; Configuration of the private cloud integration; Integration of private and public clouds; Configuration & deployment of a service; Updating a service, etc. ‘Design and deploy System Center’ chapter covers about 15 to 20% questions; ‘Configure System Center infrastructure’ chapter covers about 20–25%; ‘Configure the fabric’ chapter covers about 25–30%; ‘Configure System Center integration’ chapter covers about 15–20%; ‘Configure and deploy virtual machines and services cover about 15-20%.
Essential materials to pass the exams
To pass the MCSE Messaging exam with success, the candidates can take assistance from diverse resources. The most standard and popular options for the preparation of MCSE: Private Cloud certification exam are as follows:
- For each individual test, Microsoft offers instructor-led training programs. The extent of these training programs varies from exam to exam.
- Exam preparation videos are available in the format of Microsoft Certification PREP Talk. In prep videos various necessary Prep tips are offered by the knowledgeable certification experts.
- The candidates can take preparation through the exam preparation software or apps that imitate the real test environments and interface. For example, Transcender software.
This is the roadmap to achieve the MCSE Private Cloud certification.
Related IT Guides
- 8 questions to ask your MCSE: Server Infrastructure tutor
- Exams that one needs to concentrate on for MCSE: Server Infrastructure
- Few most important topics to study for MCSE: Server Infrastructure
- How and where to get online resources for MCSE Messaging exam?
- How to get MCSE: Server Infrastructure resources online for free?
- Is MCSE Messaging exam is about to go some changes?
- Skills that MCSE Private Cloud validate
- The order of appearing for MCSE SharePoint exam
- What are the top 5 exams for MCSE: Server Infrastructure?
- Whats new in MCSE: Private Cloud latest version of exam format?
- Which exams are most important for MCSE: Private Cloud certification?
- Which topics to concentrate on for MCSE: Private Cloud certification