Dell Technologies Inc., established in 1984, is one of the largest technology companies, which currently employs more than 158 thousand people in offices around the globe. Today Dell focuses on supplying personal computers, software, storage solutions, and network servers. At the same time, it is the world's third-largest PC supplier by 2021 and the largest monitor supplier by sales.
In 2015, Dell Technologies joined as part of its acquisition of software giant EMC Corporation. And, at the moment, Dell is headquartered in Round Rock, Texas.
Dell Technologies is a large holding company that specializes in the supply of service solutions, equipment, and software through its subsidiaries. Dell currently focuses on the following areas of business:
- Infrastructure Solutions Group including networking, storage, servers, services, and third-party software
- Customer Solutions Group, namely sales of desktops, laptops, as well as other consumer and commercial products
- VMware - compute resources, networking and security, cloud management, and end-user solutions
Certification Program Overview
Due to the oversaturation of the labor market, a specialist who wants to stand out from the crowd should pay attention to official certification. This is an excellent tool with which you can demonstrate your expertise and experience to a current or potential employer.
To help you expand your potential, the Dell Technologies Proven Professional program was developed as a perfect combination of practice-oriented training and comprehensive exams. What's more, the program can be viewed from different angles.
Firstly, you can determine the appropriate qualification track for the technology and products you are interested in - Cloud (infrastructure or services), Converged Infrastructure (VxBlock or VxRail), Data Protection (Avamar, Networker, RecoverPoint, and others), Data Science (Advanced Analytics or Data Engineering), Networking (PowerSwitch Campus or PowerSwitch Data Center), Servers (PowerEdge or OpenManage Enterprise), and Storage (ECS, PowerStore, PowerScale, and VPLEX, among others). Once you have determined your preferred technical area, you will be presented with a tiered path of qualifications, each of which consists of
- Associate level (DCA) - fundamental knowledge of the chosen technology, for instance, DCA: Data Scientist, Data Science and Big Data Analytics v2 (Data Science), DCA: Information Storage and Management v4 (Data Protection), or DCA: Information Storage and Management v4 (Storage).
- Specialist level (DCS) - role-based basic skills in a specific area, for instance, DCS-SA: Systems Administrator, VxBlock (Converged Infrastructure), DCA: Cloud Infrastructure and Services v3 (Security), or DCS-IE: Implementation Engineer, PowerEdge (Servers).
- Expert level (DCE) - extensive experience and advanced skills in one or more areas, for instance, DCE-CA: Cloud Architect, Cloud Services (Cloud), or DCE: PowerMax and VMAX All Flash Solutions (Storage).
Secondly, you can determine the right certification journey by understanding the role you are applying for. In this regard, Dell offers you training and accreditation opportunities if you aim to become a Data Scientist, Cloud Architect, Deployment Engineer, Security Specialist, System Administrator, Platform Engineer, or Technology Architect.