How does CCNA Routing and Switching differ from CCNA discovery and CCNA exploration?
Certification: Cisco CCIE Routing and Switching - Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Routing and Switching
1. Enhances technical skills
2. Build up the ‘soft skills’ that are essential to become successful on entry-level careers
3. Complement pre-sales support profession
4. Complement help-desk technician
5. Complement profession as networking technician
6. Requires minimal knowledge and abilities other than primary skills for PC usage
7. Based on daily encounters on networking from small office and home office
8. Career related course
9. Extensive labs are simple and easy to follow
10. An independent curricula which can be included in the curriculums of other institutions such as colleges, secondary levels and technical schools
1. More focus on technical skills
2. Build up career on network engineering
3. Build up career on network administration
4. Complements the profession of networking technician
5. More thorough and accurate
6. Experimental and speculative approach
7. Degree-related practices (college or university level)
8. Analytical skills in solving problems
9. Familiarisation on languages for engineering concepts
10. Practical and hands-on laboratory skills and techniques
CCNA Routing & Switching
1. Learning capabilities on router based and switching functions
2. Ability to troubleshoot typical encounters on routers and switches in IPv4 and IPv6 networks
3. Familiarity on Cisco switches in both concept and operations
4. Broad knowledge on routing protocols
5. Intricate details on current technologies such as wireless, voice, cloud, data center and security
6. Complements entry-level professions on ICT or the Information Communications Technology.
7. Intensive studies on networking to the most highly advanced applications
8. Develop career related skills through practical and hands-on experience
The CCNA Discovery course is the first exposure to general routing and networking principles. The students will be able to undergo entry-level careers with high self-esteem. The various settings on network environment are regarded on this type of course. What makes this curriculum so important is the hands-on opportunity for the student. When exposed to actual set ups, students will have better critical thinking on ways to apply their technical skills in coming up with solutions. Drawn from (SOHO) small office and home office setting to the much broader networking set up, this course describes the significance of different environment’s impact on the developmental abilities of the student. As the course develops, their practical handling techniques are intensified due to the actual training. Basic skills in Math and in PC are the initial requirements for eligibility, which is similar to those who are certified at CompTIA A+ course. The CCNA Discovery course is the stepping ground for further qualification courses on the much more sophisticated CCENT and CCNA certification tests.
The CCNA Exploration course incorporates 4 subjects that are significantly related to networking. Students will learn extensively on the foundations of networking, routing concepts and protocols, WAN assessment, wireless and LAN switching. When course is completed, the student will be well prepared for the Cisco CCNA certification test. The four subjects of the course will be a very prominent part of the CCNA qualification test.
Meanwhile, the CCNA Routing and Switching certification course is strongly intended for the professionals in the IT industry who wants the most highly advanced capabilities to determine the various networking applications available. Being equipped with the most intensive skills and knowledge on the area will draw the strongest solutions from the sophisticated techniques in troubleshooting. The complex and basic IT solutions are covered under one course. Once a student completes the CCNA R &S Curriculum, he or she will be fully ready to take the challenges of certification exams such as the CCNA Routing and Switching or the CCENT qualifying examinations to become a Cisco certified associate. However, there are certain criteria for CCNA R&S certification. Interested candidates need to take 4 courses to be qualified to take the exam. For the CCNET, the prerequisite are two courses.
According to Cisco Networking Academy Resource Center, there are several recommendations for each course.
For CCNA Router and Switch curriculum, the following books are suggested:
1. Scaling Networks Companion Guide
2. Routing and Switching Essentials Companion Guide
3. Connecting Networks Companion Guide
4. Introduction to Networks Companion Guide
Here are the CCNA Discovery guidebooks to consider:
1. ISP Learning Guide
2. Working at a Small-Medium Business Guide
3. Networking for Home and Small Business Learning Guide
4. Designing and Supporting Computer Networks Learning Guide
5. Introducing Router and Switching in the Enterprise Learning Guide
To learn more on CCNA Exploration, the following ‘reads’ are essentially useful:
1. LAN Switching and Wireless Companion Guide
2. Network Fundamentals Companion Guide
3. Accessing the WAN Companion Guide
4. Protocols and Concepts Companion Guide
To summarise what sets apart CCNA Router and Switch Curriculum among other courses in Cisco such as the CCNA Discovery and Exploration, we shall enumerate the great benefits of the CCNA R & S Course. The Routing and Switching curriculum of Cisco strongly supports ROUTE & SWITCH knowledge that is headed to CCDP certification. The students will experience the actual Cisco IOS Software lab with the use of Cisco Learning Labs as another benefit. An extensive training on VSS, DMPVN and Stackwise will aid the student in developing skills in ‘real world’ setup with an edge on learnings relating to IPv6 and technologies on dual stack transition. Through the completion of the course, the student will be able to satisfy the present demands in the IT business, having intensive skills on both routing and switching. A CCNA R&S student has more skills ready for the job he or she aspires in the Information Technology. On the other hand, the CCNA Discovery and Exploration courses are essential stepping-stones to start up a career in the ITC industry. All Cisco courses have their own specific functions and nevertheless as important as the curriculum offers.
Related IT Guides
- Are students advised to complete four CCNA Routing and Switching courses before enrolling in the CCNA security course?
- Are the CCNA Routing and Switching certifications exam changing?
- Basis CCNA Routing and Switching latest curriculum
- CCNA Routing and switching exams: Which is easier CCNAX or ICND
- CCNAX or the ICND: Which exam pathway is better for CCNA R&S and why?
- Common OSPF problems and its troubleshooting
- Eleventh hour CCNA Routing and switching exam: What to do?
- How do students move from CCNA discovery and exploration to CCNA Routing and Switching?
- How to build your CCNA Routing and Switching lab on your own?
- How to get CCIE Routing & Switching practice labs for free?
- How to get CCNA Routing and Switching practice questions online for free?
- How to prepare for CCIE Routing & Switching exam?
- How to Prepare for CCIE Routing and Switching Lab?
- How to prepare for CCIE routing and switching online?
- How to resolve EIGRP problems
- How to take online training for CCIE Routing and Switching exam
- How to verify network status and switch operation using basic utilities: Ping, SSH and telnet
- Lab equipment for CCIE Routing & Switching
- Most important dumps for CCIE Routing & Switching written exams
- NAT: Basic operations and how to configure
- Tackling the CCIE written exam: what topics make the difference?
- Technology and Media access control method for Ethernet networks
- What are Common Routing Issues and How to resolve them
- What are the basic operations of the protocols in the OSI and TCP/IP Models
- What are the basic routing concepts? Packet forwarding, Router lookup process and process switching:
- What is Access control list or ACL: configuration to filter network traffic?
- Why private and public IP addresses for IPv4 addressing is necessary