Basis CCNA Routing and Switching latest curriculum
Certification: Cisco CCIE Routing and Switching - Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Routing and Switching
The latest curriculum holds the most up to date technology innovations on routers and switches and thorough troubleshooting techniques.
The traditional CCNA is an evolving foundation for technical networking skills over the years. Cisco came up with a new version and named it to CCNA Routing and Switching. Passing the ICND1 test allows you to become CCENT certified, while passing another test shall determine the CCNA specialisation. For instance, accomplishing the IINS test make way for CCNA Security qualification. On the other hand, the ICOMM test qualifies you for CCNA Voice while the IUWNE makes you a CCNA Wireless certified. Meanwhile, ICND2 is now equivalent to CCNA Routing and Switching.
There are several new topics in the CCNA R&S curriculum such as:
- Licensing and Managing Cisco Devices
- Basic Configuration on SNMP and Syslog
- Configuration on GRE Tunnels
- IPv4 Network Connectivity Troubleshooting
- IPv6 Network Connectivity Troubleshooting
- EIGRP for IPv6
- OSPFv3 for IPv6
- Multiarea OSPF IPv4
- VLAN Connectivity Troubleshooting
- Layer 3 Redundancy Comprehension
- EtherChannel Configuration
- Optimising STP
Importance of a CCNA Certification:
- Expertise on network OS’s Fundamentals
- Critical Component on Enterprise Technology
- Accreditation for iPhone, iPad, Blackberry and Android Operating Systems
- ISO Accreditation for Global
- One of the highest paid professionals
- ICT Managerial Position
- Network Administration Position
- Ability to install and configure routed and switched networks and troubleshoot
The CCNA R&S curriculum involves 7 interrelated courses. 4 of the subjects constitute the recommended path for learning. The 3 newly added curriculums take hold of the transitional CCNA Exploration toward the highly anticipated CCNA Routing and Switching Curriculum. The CCNA Discovery does not require any transition.
For each of the course, the students will have advanced concepts supported by multimedia and simulated activities to a more enhanced learning experience. The CCNA R&S provides applied protocols, network skills and concepts from the lower layers of network services.
The 3 courses (Routing Protocols, Networking Basics and Switched Networks) that supports the transition are offered in the following circumstances:
- The courses are established for institutions to cope up with the immediate transition to implement the four other courses
- After 1 year, the supporting courses will be retired succeeding the release of the new ones. December 2014 is the assumed retirement date for the 3 added curriculums.
- No translations to other language will be available. Standard language is English.
Several researches have proven that there is gap in the skills for general networking. The latest technological innovations such as cloud, data and video are similarly important to networking advancements like security, wireless and voice technologies. In line with these changes, Cisco has developed CCNA Routing and Switching as well as CCENT Certifications and courses to remain relevant to the ever-changing global job market for network industry.
Networking Basics Course Overview:
1. Utilising typical network utilities to validate small network operations and study the network traffic.
2. To be able to use Cisco’s CLI or Command-line interface to operate basic router and switch configurations
3. Establish Ethernet network with the use of routers and switches
4. To be able to expound on the fundamental concepts of Ethernet such as operations, media and services
5. Calculate, design and application of subnet masks or addresses to comply with IPv6 and IPv4 networks
6. Comprehension on the services and devices for data communication networks and internet
7. Comprehension on the functions of protocol layers in data networks
8. Comprehension on the significance of naming schemes and addresses in IPv6 and IPv4 environments under different layers of data
Switched Networks Course Overview:
1. Comprehension, configuration and troubleshooting wireless clients and wireless routers
2. Comprehension on basic switching and Cisco Switches operations
3. Comprehensive skills and knowledge on the VLANs capacity to create separate networks theoretically and the occurrence of routing between the two
4. Enhance knowledge on switching innovations such as EtherChannel, PVST+, RSTP and VLANs
5. Configuration and troubleshooting HSRP and FHRP in a switched network
6. Configuration skills and troubleshooting techniques on DHCP for IPv6 and IPv4 networks
Routing Protocols Course Overview:
1. Licensing and managing configuration files for Cisco IOS software
2. Configuration and troubleshooting ACLs for IPv4 and IPv6 networks
3. Comprehensive knowledge on the functions of router operations, route lookup process and routing tables
4. Comprehensive understanding on the link-state routing protocols, distance vector routing protocols and dynamic router protocols
5. Technical troubleshooting for the default routing and static routing (RIPng and RIP)
6. Configuring and troubleshooting complex routers for IPv6 and IPv4 network with the use of single area OSPF, multiarea OSPF and EIGRP
The outcome of the modified courses and exams enables the student to consider certain options on whether to opt for the most advanced technological certifications from Cisco after completing the CCENT Pre-Requisite certification. The CCNA Routing and Switching course lets the students adapt easily by providing them with preparations for CCENT after accomplishing the first 2 curriculums. This system prepares them well for the CCNA certification test when they have completed the 4 courses. These four courses are recommended for the CCNA R&S such as the ff:
1. Introduction to Networks
2. Routing and Switching Essentials
3. Scaling Networks
4. Connecting Networks
The Networking Academy strongly suggests that the above-mentioned courses be followed in proper sequence. The four significant courses opens job opportunities for the students while allowing them to gain new skills that they can apply in their exiting line of work. At the same time, they will increase their ability to aspire higher and avail the most sophisticated and advanced technology certifications that Cisco has to offer. Over the years, Cisco has aimed to produce the most outstanding professionals in the ICT networking industry.
Related IT Guides
- Are students advised to complete four CCNA Routing and Switching courses before enrolling in the CCNA security course?
- Are the CCNA Routing and Switching certifications exam changing?
- CCNA Routing and switching exams: Which is easier CCNAX or ICND
- CCNAX or the ICND: Which exam pathway is better for CCNA R&S and why?
- Common OSPF problems and its troubleshooting
- Eleventh hour CCNA Routing and switching exam: What to do?
- How do students move from CCNA discovery and exploration to CCNA Routing and Switching?
- How does CCNA Routing and Switching differ from CCNA discovery and CCNA exploration?
- How to build your CCNA Routing and Switching lab on your own?
- How to get CCIE Routing & Switching practice labs for free?
- How to get CCNA Routing and Switching practice questions online for free?
- How to prepare for CCIE Routing & Switching exam?
- How to Prepare for CCIE Routing and Switching Lab?
- How to prepare for CCIE routing and switching online?
- How to resolve EIGRP problems
- How to take online training for CCIE Routing and Switching exam
- How to verify network status and switch operation using basic utilities: Ping, SSH and telnet
- Lab equipment for CCIE Routing & Switching
- Most important dumps for CCIE Routing & Switching written exams
- NAT: Basic operations and how to configure
- Tackling the CCIE written exam: what topics make the difference?
- Technology and Media access control method for Ethernet networks
- What are Common Routing Issues and How to resolve them
- What are the basic operations of the protocols in the OSI and TCP/IP Models
- What are the basic routing concepts? Packet forwarding, Router lookup process and process switching:
- What is Access control list or ACL: configuration to filter network traffic?
- Why private and public IP addresses for IPv4 addressing is necessary