How to take online training for CCIE Routing and Switching exam
Certification: Cisco CCIE Routing and Switching - Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Routing and Switching
The CCIE certification is a certification that is offered by the Cisco Systems. The certification certifies the skills of n individual working in the networking department of Cisco equipment. The certification measures the skills of network engineers in the filed of planning, operation, complex troubleshooting, converged network infrastructure of Cisco equipments. The certification provided by the CISCO certifies skills that are specific in the field of networking.
The certification of CCIE is divided into seven areas of expertise, giving options to professionals to choose. The track which the individual choose certifies him/her in that area of networking. The certification assures the individual being him/her expert in that field. One can choose multiple levels of CCIE tracks and get certified in different areas of Cisco equipments. The CCIE tracks in which one can get certified are: Routing and Switching, Security, Service provider, Service Provider Operations, Data Center, Voice/Collaboration, and Wireless.
Routing and Switching
This track of CCIE is the most sought after track and popular among networking professionals. About 85 percent of the total no CCIE certificate holders have the certification of CCIE Routing and Switching certification. This certification certifies that the individual is expert in the networking of LAN and WAN interfaces and diverse range of routers and switches. The certified CCIE professional is capable in variety of LAN/WAN networking, protocols that are globally related network operations like spanning tree, IGPs, IP multicast, BGP, IPv6, QoS, network security, IOS services, MPLS and many more. The Routing and Switching track of CCIE has undergone two updates having two versions of the exams and lab versions:
- CCIE Routing and Switching written and lab exams version v3.0 was revised to v4.0 on October 18, 2009
- CCIE Routing and Switching written and lab exams version v4.0 was revised to v5.0 on June 04, 2014
The CCIE Routing and Switching version v5.0 is the most updated version of the certification. So the candidates who successfully have the certification shows that the have networking skills of higher level. The candidates should have minimum three to five years of experience in the field and the in depth knowledge of the topics before sitting for the certification.
Online training for Routing and Switching
The online training provides the student an ease to study, according their comfort level. The CCIE provides online training for both the Written and Lab exam. You have to keep checking for the dates of the training program to get registered. Online training is cost effective in comparison to the classroom program, and a professional can take the training from anywhere according to their comfort level. The training is instructor based program which uses Cisco WebEX. Each of the training session is of about 8-10 hours. The exam assesses the knowledge of the students on various topics like IP, routing of IP, bridging and Switch related technologies and equipments commands. During the coursework the students will be able to explore all the topics detailed in the training through discussion, demonstration, illustration, and command line. The knowledge attainment of the students is measured by quizzes, practical application by the configuration labs for different selected subjects.
Routing and Switching Written Exam Boot Camp
Cisco offers CCIE Routing and Switching online training for the written exam. The camp consists of four days of training from trained instructors and one day for testing. This boot camp is designed to help the students clear their CCIE RS written exam. Before joining the boot camp for written exam the students should understand all the technologies and details that are listed on the blueprint of the CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam. The written test measures the skills of the student to manage and configure the elements in the Cisco equipments. The classroom is for four days consequently. Friday is booked for test, the classroom time include classes along with daily home assignments to be completed that day only. The students should take the test on the fifth day of the training program. The training program provides the students free test questions for practice.
Routing and Switching Lab Exam Boot Camp
Cisco offers CCIE Routing and Switching online training for the Lab exam too. But to attend the training for the Lab exam you need to clear the Routing and Switching written exam. The students should be able to decide their CCIE Routing and Switching Lab exam in one to two weeks from the joining of the training program. The students should study the blueprint of the CCIE Routing and Switching exam. The training program is intended to help students who can’t attend the boot camps due to time constraint. The program consists of ten students in one batch so that the instructors can focus on each student’s development during the training program. The training lecture consists of two live lectures per week for 12 weeks. The students have to attend the class sincerely because after every session the students will be provided with assignments which are to be completed before the next class. The course work of the lab training consists of the syllabus and the topics from the blueprint of the CCIE RS exam.
After the students have completed the coursework through the online training program, they should decide the test date. They should study hard while the training programs to clear the exam successfully. They should study the blueprint of the CCIE Routing and Switching exam carefully to study well during the training program. The students should attend the practical’s sincerely to clear the exam successfully, because clearing both the written as well as lab exam separately is necessary to achieve the certification. So prepare well and sit for the test.
Related IT Guides
- Are students advised to complete four CCNA Routing and Switching courses before enrolling in the CCNA security course?
- Are the CCNA Routing and Switching certifications exam changing?
- Basis CCNA Routing and Switching latest curriculum
- CCNA Routing and switching exams: Which is easier CCNAX or ICND
- CCNAX or the ICND: Which exam pathway is better for CCNA R&S and why?
- Common OSPF problems and its troubleshooting
- Eleventh hour CCNA Routing and switching exam: What to do?
- How do students move from CCNA discovery and exploration to CCNA Routing and Switching?
- How does CCNA Routing and Switching differ from CCNA discovery and CCNA exploration?
- How to build your CCNA Routing and Switching lab on your own?
- How to get CCIE Routing & Switching practice labs for free?
- How to get CCNA Routing and Switching practice questions online for free?
- How to prepare for CCIE Routing & Switching exam?
- How to Prepare for CCIE Routing and Switching Lab?
- How to prepare for CCIE routing and switching online?
- How to resolve EIGRP problems
- How to verify network status and switch operation using basic utilities: Ping, SSH and telnet
- Lab equipment for CCIE Routing & Switching
- Most important dumps for CCIE Routing & Switching written exams
- NAT: Basic operations and how to configure
- Tackling the CCIE written exam: what topics make the difference?
- Technology and Media access control method for Ethernet networks
- What are Common Routing Issues and How to resolve them
- What are the basic operations of the protocols in the OSI and TCP/IP Models
- What are the basic routing concepts? Packet forwarding, Router lookup process and process switching:
- What is Access control list or ACL: configuration to filter network traffic?
- Why private and public IP addresses for IPv4 addressing is necessary