Are students advised to complete four CCNA Routing and Switching courses before enrolling in the CCNA security course?
Certification: Cisco CCIE Routing and Switching - Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Routing and Switching
Cisco CCNA Security Course:
To become a certified network security associate, one needs to embody the learnings brought by Cisco Networking Academy IT Essentials. CCNA Security curriculum brings basic technical skills for entry-level career that may require various tasks on network devices. Taking these into consideration, practical knowledge on PC Hardware and Software is paramount.
It is not a mandatory requirement to accomplish all the four courses offered by the CCNA Routing and Switching Curriculum to take up Cisco’s Security Course. A student only needs to accomplish 2 Routing and Switch Course such as:
- Routing and Switching Essentials Course
- Networking Basics or the Introduction to Networking Course
CCNA Security Course Outline:
- VPNs and IPsec Fundamentals
- IPS Implementation
- Public Key Infrastructure and VPN Technologies
- Firewall Policies Implementation
- Firewalls, Threat Control and Mitigation
- Cisco’s Network Foundation Protection
- Security Strategies and Policies
- Fundamentals of Networking Security
- Securing the Data Plane in IPv6 Settings
- Securing Data Plane on Cisco’s Switches
- Securing Management Plane on AAA Configuration
However, CCNA Security course is the succeeding course after completing the CCNA Routing and Switching curriculum. Requiring at least 2 R &S courses, this course is intended to those who are aspiring for a position in network security such as the following:
- Network Security Analyst
- Network Security Support Engineer
- Security Specialist
- Security Administrator
The qualifications of a CCNA Security associate lets you perform very crucial tasks that are security-related. You will be able to configure and access a firewall. You may perform risk assessments and secure administrative access and be able to respond to breach of security issues. Your skills will be highly recognised, adding more value to your career. The credentials to your certifications are regarded by the following standards:
- NSA- National Security Agency
- CNSS-Committee on National Security Systems
- CNSS 4011 Training Standard
The skills you possess are essential to protect network security, mitigate threats, security infrastructure development, making certain measures to ensure that the devices and network data are available.
CNNS 4011 Recognition:
Cisco’s CCNA Security certification is highly acknowledged by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Committee on National Security Systems or the CNSS. The complying standards allow the collaboration between federal agencies and network security professionals to identify vulnerabilities and safeguard the data of the private sector. A Cisco CCNA security professional is authorised to perform the following:
- Monitoring of network data
The students must understand the Cisco’s CCENT level concepts in networking before taking up the CCNA Security course. This security curriculum enhance the specialised security skills combined with critical thinking for a much more complex problem to be solved. A compounded curriculum based on classroom and online learning, the course highlights e-learning solutions, practical learning and career-wise conceptualisation.
To know more on the fundamentals of CCNA Security learning, it is recommended to look through these helpful guides:
- Cisco Packet Tracer-software for learning the powerful network visualisation and simulation.
- CCNA Certification Prep Kit
- IINS 2.0 – Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security
- SKILLSOFT COURSE- a training programme to help pass the CCNA Security Certification Test;
- Recognised globally
- Prerequisites include CCNA
- Duration is 6 weeks
- Assessment on Cisco’s 640-554 exam
CCNA Security Certification Couse and Exam Details:
- Type of test: Cisco 640-443 IINS
- Bundled Course offers:
- CCNA + CCNA Security
- CCNA + CCNA Voice + CCNA Security
- IINS- Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security
- Test Coverage: Securing Cisco Routers and Switches and Associated Networks
- Skills: Installation, monitoring network, troubleshooting
- CCENT certification
- CCNA Routing and Switching certification
- CCIE certification
1st Module: Intro to Network Security Principles
2nd Module: Securing Perimeter
3rd Module: Securing Network using Cisco Firewalls
4th Module: Site-Site VPNs
5th Module: Securing Network using Cisco’s IOS IPS
6th Module: Endpoint Security Overview (Voice, SAN, LAN)
Relevance of the CCNA Security Certification:
- Specialised Positions: Security support engineer, security administrator and security specialist
- Job Overview: monitor, install and troubleshoot
- Cisco IOS security features on Routers & Switches:
- GUIs –Graphical User Interface
- SDM-Cisco Security Device Manager
- CLIs-Command Line Interfaces
Advantages of CCNA Security Certified Associate:
- Ability to find out security threats to VoIP networks
- Ability to recommend security measures against hacking and threats
- Ability to use cryptography
- Ability to configure a zone based policy firewall
- Ability to configure site-site IPSec VPN or Virtual Private Network
- Ability to perform risk assessments
- Ability to recognize data classification
- Ability to identify key security operations principles
- Ability to specify an action to solve security breach
- Ability to configure secure administrative access
Security skills are one of the most sought after and in-demand positions to fill in the networking job market at present. Cisco company came up with a specialised certification programme such as the CCNA Security to enable professionals in the IT industry to better career opportunities. The qualifications of an IT security associate are highly recognised as they are authorised to execute commands that are vulnerable to the network securities. For that reason, many employers seek professionals who are highly skilled on areas of security and risk management. Cisco even predicted a major security related role on IT industry of about eighty percent in the next 5 years.
To conclude the write-up, it is not necessary to accomplish the four courses offered by the CCNA Router & Switch to be eligible to enroll to the most highly recognised Security course. Avail at least two courses from the CCNA R&S and become a certified R&S associate so you will be ready to take another challenge in the field of network security.
Related IT Guides
- Are the CCNA Routing and Switching certifications exam changing?
- Basis CCNA Routing and Switching latest curriculum
- CCNA Routing and switching exams: Which is easier CCNAX or ICND
- CCNAX or the ICND: Which exam pathway is better for CCNA R&S and why?
- Common OSPF problems and its troubleshooting
- Eleventh hour CCNA Routing and switching exam: What to do?
- How do students move from CCNA discovery and exploration to CCNA Routing and Switching?
- How does CCNA Routing and Switching differ from CCNA discovery and CCNA exploration?
- How to build your CCNA Routing and Switching lab on your own?
- How to get CCIE Routing & Switching practice labs for free?
- How to get CCNA Routing and Switching practice questions online for free?
- How to prepare for CCIE Routing & Switching exam?
- How to Prepare for CCIE Routing and Switching Lab?
- How to prepare for CCIE routing and switching online?
- How to resolve EIGRP problems
- How to take online training for CCIE Routing and Switching exam
- How to verify network status and switch operation using basic utilities: Ping, SSH and telnet
- Lab equipment for CCIE Routing & Switching
- Most important dumps for CCIE Routing & Switching written exams
- NAT: Basic operations and how to configure
- Tackling the CCIE written exam: what topics make the difference?
- Technology and Media access control method for Ethernet networks
- What are Common Routing Issues and How to resolve them
- What are the basic operations of the protocols in the OSI and TCP/IP Models
- What are the basic routing concepts? Packet forwarding, Router lookup process and process switching:
- What is Access control list or ACL: configuration to filter network traffic?
- Why private and public IP addresses for IPv4 addressing is necessary