CCNAX or the ICND: Which exam pathway is better for CCNA R&S and why?
Certification: Cisco CCIE Routing and Switching - Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Routing and Switching
CCNA R & S is a short form to Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing and switching.It is a certification exam which is targeted exactly for those network engineers who are seeking for some entry-level qualification. The main objective of the CCNA R&S is to enrich the basic knowledge or foundation knowledge in the networking system.Apart from that the certification exam is characterized for both the network administrators as well as network scientists and support. There are two ways to get you certified by CCNA R& S:
1) Cisco Networking Devices: Accelerated (CCNAX):
2) Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices (ICNAD)
Cisco Networking Devices: Accelerated (CCNAX):
In this curriculum the whole series of ICND 1 and ICND 2 has been configured entirely into a single one course which is known now as CCNAX. Those syllables which were common in ICND 1 and ICND 2 have been omitted and thus a concrete syllables have been re-introduce so as to manage a proper flow of course. In this one, the candidate happens to learn things about how to install as well as operate the network.Apart from that one should also know to configure as well as verify some basic yet important IPv4 and IPv6 network. There is also inclusive of the LAN switch which can be timely configured.Apart from that it also includes the ability to understand some redundant topologies ,WAN connectivity and configuring OSPF and EIGRP.Apart from the classic hardware-based lab ,CISCO will have offer you some important learning labs. There has been some important issues hard shooting and in a reality the new version of CCNAX has helped a lot for the candidate. The current cost of attempting on CCNAX exam or in other words CCNA composite is $295 USD.
Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices(ICNAD) :
This is also another curriculum which is definitely going to take you to the CCNA R&S. In this examination one has to go through two exam ICND 1 as well as ICND 2 simultaneously.The INCD 1 has exam code to be 640-882.The syllables that are in the ICND 1 are a part of the total syllables that is in CCNA composite.In this case of ICND 1 you will find rather simple topics with general knowledge.Most of the keywords that are in the syllables are generally easily readable.In this examination if you find a question as “Implement as Small “ ,be sure it refers to simple configuration which will guide you to work.Also the topic if starts with “describe “ or “Explain “ might indicate the conceptual answer.This is as a whole a subset or in other way a real part of the composite CCNA.
The other part of the ICND ,which has the exam code of 64-816 is to be given after ICND 1 has been given and the result has been in the candidates favor.This exam generally has complex topics as compared to the ICND 1.This is also a part of the composite CCNA.Unlike ICND 1 this part of the exam has rather quite complex question.Some of the keywords that are generally used in the exam can be “Troubleshoot” and many more.In this examination surface knowledge might not be that helpful. The candidate who has more work experiences or those with more and rather deep knowledge can easily fetch this one out. Generally the cost of exams of ICND 1 as well as ICND 2 is charged around $150 each.
Now the big question is which path to follow.After all both them are going to take you to the same destination.But it cannot be just specifically be said that one should follow a particular certification.
Here are some reasons that might help you to figure out what are the reasons that might lure the candidate to follow the path of CCNA composite of CCNAX.
- Ccna Composite is easy for you if you are technician or an experienced Engineer. It will be easy for you to choose this path if you are either Technical or an Engineer. Also apart from that CCNAX is also a straight requirement for many IT technicians so following the CCNAX path might be good.
- You might find it helpful and easy if you are among those who want to go to exam hall for just one. It is so because CCNAX has composite syllables while in ICND the syllables is broken in two.
- Choosing CCNAX over ICND might save you $5.As the CCNAX charges about $295 while the ICND charges around $300.
Now here are some reasons that you might want to know which says you in which cases you might not want to go for CCNA.
- If you are not prepared properly failing for ICND is considered rater cheaper.
- With lesser time period, you cannot just study one heck of syllables in few periods of time.
- The certification program of ICND might take quite less time so if anyone who needs the certification honor quite sooner might not want to choose CCNAX.
For me, CCNAX seems to be friendly for those who have a huge experience of working with the industry for a long time. This might be handy for those who need certification for promotion or for just some few reasons. Experienced people might go for CCNAX path. Those with technical classes running side by side might find it easy to go for two exams ICND-1 and ICND-2.
Thus there is not just straight thumb rule to say which path might be good for you. Depending up on your background work and many more you might find one or the other one quite easier to get CCNA R&S.
Related IT Guides
- Are students advised to complete four CCNA Routing and Switching courses before enrolling in the CCNA security course?
- Are the CCNA Routing and Switching certifications exam changing?
- Basis CCNA Routing and Switching latest curriculum
- CCNA Routing and switching exams: Which is easier CCNAX or ICND
- Common OSPF problems and its troubleshooting
- Eleventh hour CCNA Routing and switching exam: What to do?
- How do students move from CCNA discovery and exploration to CCNA Routing and Switching?
- How does CCNA Routing and Switching differ from CCNA discovery and CCNA exploration?
- How to build your CCNA Routing and Switching lab on your own?
- How to get CCIE Routing & Switching practice labs for free?
- How to get CCNA Routing and Switching practice questions online for free?
- How to prepare for CCIE Routing & Switching exam?
- How to Prepare for CCIE Routing and Switching Lab?
- How to prepare for CCIE routing and switching online?
- How to resolve EIGRP problems
- How to take online training for CCIE Routing and Switching exam
- How to verify network status and switch operation using basic utilities: Ping, SSH and telnet
- Lab equipment for CCIE Routing & Switching
- Most important dumps for CCIE Routing & Switching written exams
- NAT: Basic operations and how to configure
- Tackling the CCIE written exam: what topics make the difference?
- Technology and Media access control method for Ethernet networks
- What are Common Routing Issues and How to resolve them
- What are the basic operations of the protocols in the OSI and TCP/IP Models
- What are the basic routing concepts? Packet forwarding, Router lookup process and process switching:
- What is Access control list or ACL: configuration to filter network traffic?
- Why private and public IP addresses for IPv4 addressing is necessary